*Every year since 2007, more than 1,072 businesses are launched by women every day. If you can think of a business idea, it probably already exists. And while women are stepping up in the area of entrepreneurship, there are still those that talk about it but haven’t taken action.
*As of 2016, it is estimated that there are now 11.3 million women-owned businesses in the United
States, employing nearly 9 million people and generating over $1.6 trillion in revenues.
So, why are women jumping the corporate ship to go out on their own?
Here are a few reasons:
- The ability to have a flexible schedule.
- To decrease child care costs.
- To use their business to make a positive impact in their community, favorite charity, or their church.
- Unlimited earning potential.
- And the freedom to be creative and solve problems.
Now, while all of these are great benefits, there’s one four-letter word I’ve found that’s standing in the way of powerful women, just like you, to start a business you love to build the life you want.
But before I get to that dirty word, let me tell you what it isn’t (and some of these words are obviously more the four letters) 😉
- Lack of skill or expertise
- Or lack of ideas
So, have you guessed what it is yet? It’s that four letter word…FEAR. And to make matters even worse, it can be more than one type of fear.
Fear of failure – Instead of embracing optimism, your mind spirals into deep, dark despair. You attach pursuing your dream to the worst case scenario. For example, “What if I lose everything and end up on the street?”
Fear of success – You’re afraid that your business just might work, but you won’t be able to “keep up”.
Fear of the unknown – You feel the need to know exactly what’s going to happen instead of doing the work and trusting the process.
Fear you won’t measure up – Ultimately, you’re afraid you’ll be “found out” because you don’t know everything, but in reality…who does? The truth is you don’t need to know everything just “your thing”. Everything else can be learned.
Fear your loved ones won’t understand – This is understandable, but this is bigger than your loved ones. Honestly, they just want to protect from disappointment. You have to live your dream for you not what others want for you.
And here’s how to overcome the “fear” that’s holding you hostage:
1. Pray for divine guidance and listen to your intuition. Many times, that’s God speaking to you.
2. Consider the people who need your undeniable gift and don’t allow fear to keep you from serving them.
3. Ask yourself, how will you feel if you don’t try? If your answer sounds anything like regret, it’s time to push past the fear and move forward.
4. What’s on the other side of the fear? I’m willing to bet it’s the business and life you really want.
5. What’s more important? Your life vision or the “what ifs” in your head? You already know the answer. Now, it’s time to speak it and act on it.
So, what’s it going to be? Will you continue to allow fear to stop you from fulfilling your purpose and serving others? Or will you push past the fear and discover the business and life you deserve?
I’m here to listen and I’d love to hear from you. Reply in the comments below or post your thoughts on Facebook.
Until next time,
Want to know the 5 Essential Steps To Start An Online Business You Love?CLICK HERE TO GET FREE ACCESS!
*Source: American Express Open State of Women-Owned Business Report, 2016.
Want to Create High Converting Facebook Ads?
Then check out my FREE Checklist where I share my best tips to creating Facebook Ads that convert.
Enter your info and download it NOW!